Instagram: Makeamark_artroom

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Mexican style guitars by 1st Grade


 These fun and colorful painted artworks began on Cinco de Mayo and was inspired by Laura Lohmann's lesson over at The Painted Paper. I began by sharing some examples of Mexican guitars as a reference for colors and patterns.


I gave my first grade artists guitar stencils to trace since the learning objective isn't necessarily drawing but paint mixing. I demonstrated a variety of color mixing techniques and my artists made choices in how they wanted to paint their guitar shapes.  The following class we added more paint, oil pastel, and collage elements for details.



My first graders really liked this sgraffito technique of flipping your brush over to draw into the wet paint.






I have a TON of images from their work. Here are some of the results.












Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment