Instagram: Makeamark_artroom

Monday, July 11, 2016

National Board Certification: the journey begins...


Add caption
You read it correctly. I've begun the arduous journey of pursuing my National Board certification in Art Education. If you aren't sure what that means, it is the gold standard in my profession. I've been a certified art teacher for 9 years and I believe I am ready for this next step.

I will spend 4 days at "Jump Start" this August training in Snohomish, Washington. This professional development will get me off on the right foot. I'm really excited about going for it. It will take me 2 years to complete the 4 components. There are several art teachers in my district that are also pursuing board certification so I won't be alone.

I'll post some things here and there on this blog. I truly hope that by working towards this goal that I will become a better teacher and my students will benefit from all of my hard work.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment