Instagram: Makeamark_artroom

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Monochromatic Self Portraits Mural


It is finally up, our school-wide self portrait installation is in our school hallway. I shared the processes of creating theses beauties in my last post school-wide-self-portraits.

The rainbow of monochromatic color portraits isn't a new idea. You can see these all over Pinterest or a perform a Google search. I decided that I had to try it out with my students.


With the help of 2 wonderful parent volunteers, this portrait mural was assembled and installed in our central hallway next to the library.



I've love watching my students stop and search for their self portrait. I also look forward to October conferences when they can show their parents.

Overall, I'd say this collaboration was as success and the kids really took pride in their contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment