Instagram: Makeamark_artroom

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Monochromatic Self Portraits Mural


It is finally up, our school-wide self portrait installation is in our school hallway. I shared the processes of creating theses beauties in my last post school-wide-self-portraits.

The rainbow of monochromatic color portraits isn't a new idea. You can see these all over Pinterest or a perform a Google search. I decided that I had to try it out with my students.


With the help of 2 wonderful parent volunteers, this portrait mural was assembled and installed in our central hallway next to the library.



I've love watching my students stop and search for their self portrait. I also look forward to October conferences when they can show their parents.

Overall, I'd say this collaboration was as success and the kids really took pride in their contribution.