Instagram: Makeamark_artroom

Thursday, August 25, 2016

New Last Name, Entrance, and School Year



School starts up next week so I've been busy making changes to my room's layout, displays, entrance, and curriculum.  I also had a last name change this Summer. I was married in June and now my new last name is Nettels. I hope my students catch on quickly. I'm sure I'll still get some "Miss Nintzes".

I am sharing an image of my the art room's entryway. I designed it to exhibit my students' art work they give me outside of class. The past couple of years I've taped them to my cabinets but by about mid-year, my cabinet would have layers and layers of student work. It looked, well, unruly. 

I thought it would be great to create a showcase space in the hall to share their work and keep my cabinet nice and tidy. I have a passion for gardening so I created the "Art Garden Gallery" with salon style golden framed walls. I painted the gold frames with various sizes and shapes for a bit of variety.  I even re-purposed the paper flowers I made for my wedding for accents. I hope they kids enjoy it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment